Tesco Delivery to your Cottage
Rather than load your car up with all your provisions as well as your belongings, let Tesco bring it to your door after your arrival. The maximum charge for a weekend delivery is around £6 but is worth it.
Please book your delivery slot at least a week in advance to avoid disappointment as the weekend delivery schedule can be quite busy. (You only have to add a pint of milk when you book a slot and then you can go back to your order nearer the time of delivery!)
I suggest that you opt for the last Saturday delivery slot or for delivery on the Sunday in case you arrive late.
Tesco Online Shopping
You will need to have registered for Tesco online shopping at their website and then apart from adding your home address, you also add your cottages address as a separate delivery address. You then do your shopping, pay online and then arrive for your holiday.
I use them every week but I can understand if you think that this is too good to be true so please contact me if I can help further.
- Go to the Tesco, follow the link above
- Login or register
- Choose a delivery slot at a time after you think that you will have arrived. 16.00 at the earliest but they will deliver until 23.00
- Click on "Start an order to a new address"
- Under "Or add a new address" fill in the postcode with the postcode of your cottage
- Under "Adding a new address" select "Cottage Name, ie Castaway, Seashell etc "
- For "Choose an address" - select "the cottage name "
- Give it a nickname (castaway) and fill in your own telephone numbers
- Click on "confirm new address"
- Under "Where would you like this order delivered to?" - Select Castaway
- You can then start shopping.
- When paying under "other instructions" put "I am staying at Castaway Cottage in the cottage depending on which one you are in.